Saturday, September 7, 2013

One Step Forward...

Life Book 2013 - Week 30
An awesome lesson by Dina Wakely on healing.
I love her journaling style!

THREE STEPS BACK! That's how I feel when things don't go as planned. Just when I start to get motivated and commit myself to creating art everyday...life happens!! I'm overwhelmed with distractions that keep me from doing what I say I'm going to do. Or am I just making excuses...I'm tired, gotta work late, moving my office to another building, getting kids ready for trips, swim meets/banquets, blah, blah, blah. Does it ever really end? I make time for coffee every morning, I wouldn't even consider going a morning without it. Then why can't I make a habit out of making art? Why do I let life discourage me? What's that saying...if you do something (or try something) 25 times, it becomes habit or you learn to like it. I need to create a habit out of art. I have goals to reach and if I don't get off my butt and get busy, I'll never reach them. I'm making a little progress now that the office move is over, kids aren't as busy and I've modified my hours at work so I'm home earlier some days. But unless I make the time, life will happen again and I'll be right back here.

2 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to this post! Life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it? I used to have the daily habit of making art but lost it when some hard times hit... isn't that when we should lean on it more? Here's to hoping we both make it a habit and hang on to it. Love the gorgeous journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed... Here's to good habits to come. Thanks for the shout!!

    ReplyDelete