Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Blog Mission Statement

This blog WILL be a place to celebrate the joy in my heart and contemplate the heartache as well. A place to share my creative journey, wherever it may lead. A tool to motivate and challenge me, everyday, to make art and be creative. A reminder to see the beauty in everyday and embrace its simplicity and splendor. A tool to learn more about myself and celebrate who I am. A place to affirm dreams, goals, achievements, and even set-backs. A portal to other journey-seekers who posses the same need to create and connect. A place where imperfection is not only acceptable, but encouraged!

This blog WILL NOT be a vehicle to vent my frustrations with the world, my family or even myself. I will always try to see the good in any situation before I share the lessons learned with others. It will not be a source of guilt, pressure or perfection. I will always try to stay true to who I am and post from the heart, not allowing my audience (or lack of one) to influence what I do or say. It will not be a place for negativity or complaining. I will always try to examine less-than-positive thoughts for their underlying meaning. It will not be a place to showoff or boast, but rather a visual timeline of accomplishments, regardless of size. It will not be a place to focus on my shortcomings, but instead a place to embrace my strengths.

4 comments:

  1. you're off to a great start!! welcome to the bloggy world:)
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to BE! Looks like your blog will be a bright light in the world. I love the swirly background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful mission statement, and I love this art piece, very nice. And welcome to blogland!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete