Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Balance of Art and Life

I struggle with balancing art and life. I feel like I'm walking a tight rope and if either side (art or life) gets off balance everything will come tumbling down. Being a SAHM, I often get caught up with the list of daily tasks to be tackled, and believe me there are plenty of them.  On those days, I get frustrated...not being able to find a chunk of time to get something done for me. Quite often I feel guilty because I get so preoccupied with the art in my mind that I have a hard time concentrating on what I'm suppose to be doing, like helping kids with homework or making dinner. My mind is busy trying to figure out how I can sneak back into my studio to get just a little more done. In my heart, I just want to sit in my studio and forget everything around me and just work. However, being so left brained, if there are messes around the house, laundry to do, or papers piling up, I have a hard concentrating on the creating part. Things need to be in order before I can fully let myself go.

This journal page is on a background I created a while ago. I liked this circus performer image and glued down decorative papers to journal on. When I decided to journal about balance, I was quite pleased with how this background fit my topic. Is it a coincidence that things work out like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment