Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Pizza Mac Recipe

Another Recipe for You!


I talk a lot about the cookbook I made, "Home Cooked Goodness - A Collection of Over 140 Family Favorite Beef, Pork and Poultry Recipes." I created it as a Holiday gifts in 2010 and only printed about 50 copies. The plan at the time was to self-publish it and market it myself, but the effort required to do that just seems so overwhelming. So I figured I would turn it into an ebook and offer it as a download. So the next step was to buy Adobe Distiller to create the interactive PDF file, which is still on my list of things to do. But in the meantime, everytime I create a recipe that didn't make it into the printed version of the cookbook, I offer it on  my blog. So here's the latest and greatest. Enjoy!

Pizza Mac
16 oz. elbow macaroni
1 lb. ground beef
½ onion, diced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
garlic cloves, minced
1 jar pizza sauce (15 oz.)
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 pkg. pepperoni, sliced (3.5 oz)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, garlic cloves, salt and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and pepperoni. Add half the cooked macaroni and gently stir; add more macaroni as desired. Serve and top with mozzarella cheese. Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment