Monday, January 10, 2011

Art Goals for 2011


Before listing my new art goals for 2011 I went back and looked over the goals I established after my Flying Lesson e-course with Kelly Rae Roberts. Even though I don't feel like I accomplished much artistically, I did manage to:
  1. create a Facebook art page
  2. start a blog which I was only considering
  3. connect with other artists through various art communities
  4. get a little art journaling in
  5. work on art almost everyday
For the new year my goals haven't changed much...
  1. take at least one online course
  2. continue to work on finding my artistic voice by putting in the "brush time" everyday
  3. be more patient with myself and less critical
  4. finish the art that I start
  5. work in my art journal more
  6. focus on the art process and less on the product
  7. make more connections with other artists and get feedback on my work
  8. open my Etsy shop 
These goals don't seem very lofty, but considering that I'm still floundering with my artistic style and learning the techniques for the kind of painting that I want to do, it's the best I can come up with. I just need to PAINT, PAINT, PAINT until I have that "aha" moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment